Month: January 2016

Google SpreadSheet Date problem – swapping day and month

Hola,

Recently I had to work with data entry guys and did some data entry myself too 🙂 One problem that I noticed was date format was MM-DD-YYYY in spreadsheet. But, when we write in normal excel sheets, its DD-MM-YYYY. Pasting data created inconsistency. After few times, I tried to find a solution for this. It was pretty simple setting.

All you need to do is open Spreadsheet Settings in your File menu of Google SpreadSheet. Select “United Kingdom” locale instead of “United States”.

Problem was, in US locale, date format is MM-DD-YYYY while for UK DD-MM-YYYY which is pretty much standard for most of the world. Small issue but ruined my day 😛

 

Advertisements